• Water Management

by Published on 5th April 2014 11:11 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Water Management
    Article Preview

I would like to share my 2 DIY projects on Lake Tanganyika rocky habitat that I had done during the last few years.

1st DIY - Underwater Cavern Rockwork
    2nd DIY - 3-D Cavern Background

My 1st DIY - Underwater Cavern Rockwork (3x1.5x1.5)ft tank

It all began when I had my first frontosa, an imported rare 7-stripe Kigoma frontosa many years ago. Since then, I have always been fascinated with Lake Tanganyika cichlids and its rocky habitat.
    Through the years, I had been collecting many large heavy rocks and travelled island wide to get more and more rocks, yet I couldn’t achieve the desired natural rockscape that is pleasing, firm and safe when they are stacked
    in the tank.
    I had ideas but I wasn’t too sure how it would turn out. Nevertheless the passion of DIY was the driving force to create my own ‘designer rocks’ that would be tall with strong foundation and also I have to come out with a sizeable piece that would be very much lighter than the weight of a similar size natural rock, or else
    by Published on 4th May 2012 11:22 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Water Management,
    3. Marine Fish
    Article Preview

Just like to share this article I wrote:

Professor Guy Martin from Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Rennes was believed to be the first person to applied the sulphur denitrification into freshwater treatment for public. In 1991, Marc Langouet, who is a student of Prof. Martin decides to test this method on seawater. After 3 years of testing without apparent toxicity, Marc proposed the idea to Michel Hignette - Curator of MAAO Paris. And the rest, as most will say, "Its History".

I have a Korallin C1502 Calcium Reactor which I have converted to Sulphur Denitrator 2 years ago but disconnected after I kept Nitrate in check. However, as I added more fishes Nitrate began creeping up to about 4-5ppm. As I currently do not run any other Nitrate Reactor or Bio-Pellets Reactor, I decided to do a simple experiment before I install into my main tank.
    by
    1. Categories:
    2. Water Management

pH (potential of Hydrogen) is one important water parameter to monitor for keeping fish. Most people face difficulty in decreasing it then raising it. So, I’m trying to compile a simple one-stop information on various methods used to lower the pH (to the best of my knowledge) for the benefit of AFT members. Your contributions are very much welcome. I will continue to update this article whenever new information is collected.

Peat

About Us

ArowanaFishTalk.com (AFT) is a forum devoted to fish-keeping hobbyists from all over the world. Let's share our fish-keeping experiences here.

Follow us on

Facebook