• Home Page

by Published on 29th December 2012 10:44 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Arowana

The most important factors for grooming arowana are:

1) Lighting - 8 to10 hours daily of 6500k T5 (daylight)

2) Environment - clear or white till about 15 inches or midsize. Even for red arowanas. Many years ago, I visited farms in Kalimantan, some farms even groom young red arowanas in white tanks. The reason for this is to the color (not red color) up to the 6th row as soon as possible.

Read up on the following links, taken 12 years ago:
    by Published on 4th May 2012 11:22 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Water Management,
    3. Marine Fish
    Article Preview

Just like to share this article I wrote:

Professor Guy Martin from Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Rennes was believed to be the first person to applied the sulphur denitrification into freshwater treatment for public. In 1991, Marc Langouet, who is a student of Prof. Martin decides to test this method on seawater. After 3 years of testing without apparent toxicity, Marc proposed the idea to Michel Hignette - Curator of MAAO Paris. And the rest, as most will say, "Its History".

I have a Korallin C1502 Calcium Reactor which I have converted to Sulphur Denitrator 2 years ago but disconnected after I kept Nitrate in check. However, as I added more fishes Nitrate began creeping up to about 4-5ppm. As I currently do not run any other Nitrate Reactor or Bio-Pellets Reactor, I decided to do a simple experiment before I install into my main tank.
    by Published on 3rd May 2012 09:39 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Datnioides (Tiger Fish)
    Article Preview

Dear Hobbyist,

I am going to touch on a long debated and controversial topic: The elusive Datniodes Pulcher or more commonly known as the Siamese Tiger or ST for short.

DESCRIPTION

The ST is a large (more then 24" ),predatory,long lived fish (over 20 years) which originates from the Chao Phraya River basin in Thailand.They are found in both fresh and brakish waters.

This fish is believed to be extinct in the wild due to overfishing over the years for both consumption and the aquarium trade.

The Thai Government has taken measures to conserve this beautiful fish, banning the export of this fish and Department of Fisheries in Thailand(DOF) has a captive breeding program, however there is not much success as to date.
    by Published on 18th February 2012 01:36 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Stingray

Since the lift of ban from selling rays in Singapore Local Fish Shop (LFS), I can see many newbies started to rear rays now. First of all, welcome to the ray keeping community in Singapore and welcome to AFT Forum.

Rays have many different types of species to choose from. From the relatively more affordable rays like Motoro to High end rays like P14, P13 Black Diamond Variant. Whatever rays it is, it has its own beauty. The best thing is buy within your budget means and buy what you like and not for the sake of buying. It will be always entertaining to rear rays from pup stage till adulthood. Transformation on Rays is astonishing and great changes will be seen throughout the growing up stages. Be warned it is poisonous! Among all fishes, Rays are the ones more interactive with humans thus great fun to have such as tank mates in your tank!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

About Us

ArowanaFishTalk.com (AFT) is a forum devoted to fish-keeping hobbyists from all over the world. Let's share our fish-keeping experiences here.

Follow us on

Facebook