Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to see if Juv Crossback Arowana is of High or Highest Quality?

Country
    Singapore

Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts

Awards Showcase

Cool How to see if Juv Crossback Arowana is of High or Highest Quality?

Hi all,

Had been into the arowana hobby for no more than 5 months.
    Walked the path to many LFS and some farms. Have not seen most, but quite a number of fishes.

This question always been in my mind. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but at the same time i do not want ourselves to part with our hard earned money for a shortchanged arowana.

I am into XB only. Thus my objective in buying arowana is buying something original or high quality. Because end of day i am still going to spend the money and tank space, effort and time, might as well get the best of what i can afford or get in the market.

So my Main Question is:

1) How to Choose the highest quality Juv XB

2) How to know if the XB is of the original not pirated version.

3) What price you willing to pay for the highest quality juv xb based on 1)

Few months ago before coming into this hobby, i thought fish keeping is so easy and cheap and clean. But it turn out other way and the fun was more sophisticated so does the satisfaction.

Thank you.

Country
    Singapore

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess all are very very tough questions.....
    From what I know, it is very difficult to differentiate especially when the aros are juvenile..... (SHBRTG and XB may look the same therefore Q1 & Q2 becomes very hard to answer.)
    Eventually, i think it is still down to the farm reputation, cert that state the quality and lastly, the amount you pay for....

Last question will depend on your budget. If you like the aro, you will be willing to pay the amount stated by farm or lfs (whether pure or not).

Not sure whether my noob answer is correct a not....
    Hope more shifus can help clarify.

Reputation < 20
    Country
    India

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Pirated as in low grade stuff or Highback?

Country
    Malaysia

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    hi,

well from my opinion, the only way to have the highest quality of juvenile aros, is to have a baby aro harvested from the highest quality of aro parents. i think this is the best bet.

in malaysia for example, you can watch the babies being harvested, and book them immediately. the farm will the separate the one u choose, and take extra care of it, and pass it to u when it's big enough for u to keep at home. ppl normally do this for babies that are born from the pond which contains the selected highest quality parents of wild aros catched in sg kerian in the state of perak.

this is not cheap as well, and there still are chances that the juvee aro will not develop intu highest quality of aros too.

Country
    Singapore

Liked 242 Times in 185 Posts

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    hi,

well from my opinion, the only way to have the highest quality of juvenile aros, is to have a baby aro harvested from the highest quality of aro parents. i think this is the best bet.

in malaysia for example, you can watch the babies being harvested, and book them immediately. the farm will the separate the one u choose, and take extra care of it, and pass it to u when it's big enough for u to keep at home. ppl normally do this for babies that are born from the pond which contains the selected highest quality parents of wild aros catched in sg kerian in the state of perak.

this is not cheap as well, and there still are chances that the juvee aro will not develop intu highest quality of aros too.
    That is interesting. But it is open to all hobbyists or selected members only when they book the baby aro on the spot? Any picture to show the highest quality? Wondering how it may looks like.

Reputation < 20

Country
    Singapore

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Personally, I don't have great eyes to choose highest quality Juv XB. I can only choose the high quality juv XB from reputable farm who grade them as high quality. I would pay up to $1.5k for a GHXB. That's my budget, doesn't mean it applies to all hobbists and that if u pay more for another aro means u kana carrot...

Country
    Singapore

Liked 242 Times in 185 Posts

Awards Showcase

Honestly, I do not know how to choose quality XB too. Whether it is lower quality or higher quality not really a major concern. The concern is how I groom it into beauty in my own eyes. Nonetheless, still would like to see highest quality XB.

Reputation < 20

Country
    Singapore

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    As a first cut, our definition of high quality XB might not even be the same...

Country
    Singapore

Liked 158 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven C View Post
    Hi all,

Had been into the arowana hobby for no more than 5 months.
    Walked the path to many LFS and some farms. Have not seen most, but quite a number of fishes.

This question always been in my mind. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but at the same time i do not want ourselves to part with our hard earned money for a shortchanged arowana.

I am into XB only. Thus my objective in buying arowana is buying something original or high quality. Because end of day i am still going to spend the money and tank space, effort and time, might as well get the best of what i can afford or get in the market.

So my Main Question is:

1) How to Choose the highest quality Juv XB

2) How to know if the XB is of the original not pirated version.

3) What price you willing to pay for the highest quality juv xb based on 1)

Few months ago before coming into this hobby, i thought fish keeping is so easy and cheap and clean. But it turn out other way and the fun was more sophisticated so does the satisfaction.

Thank you.
    Bro,

To begin withselection, is the Juv XBs are to be selected from White tank or colored tank ? White FGT or colored FGT ?

Sorry, I am more towards reds and to my newbie understanding, the highest quality of Juv XB is of albino XB.

Beside, for gold, I believe most of the keepers nowsaday are more toward Percentage of GH, Shine levels, full pearlies and of cos, top and belly crossing.

Country
    Singapore

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If have the $$ buy an adult piece which you can see the quality. Seriously nowadays I don't dare buy juv xb. They can be tagged as pahang gold and have heavy green horseshoe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information