Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: over supply of aro that contributed to the tremendous drop of aro price

Reputation < 20

Country
    Singapore

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bali View Post
    Pricing and quality is aways a major factor when buying an aro. Lets say if i am being offered a pc of no defect quality xb at gd price, but its shape is not to my liking, thus, no matter how i will not buy and vice versa. Would rather keep a sumo greenie with low or no resale value... Swee swee aro, one is gd enough regardless of breed. Beauty in the eyes of the beholder...
    true but sad to say human is also greedy they want more .................................................. .................................. hope that its not me alone thinking this way

Reputation < 20

Country
    Singapore

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas_Neo79 View Post
    When Pasir Ris Farmway goes, some farms in SG ma stop operating thus supply may come down bait and price may increase slightly. I doubt anyone can get a super good Aro at below $2,000 where you can't find any visible defect. Seen many below $1,000 at LFS and farms either lower quality or small Aro claiming quality will show soon...too many breeders mass produce with WTT, BTT etc thus quality compromises....not a pro, just my personal view la...haha
    true, when supply get lesser and demand grow it time to see increase. I bought high shine XB before but don't know why kept in black tank the shine will seen to be less shine

Reputation < 20

Country
    Singapore

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kree_dnet View Post
    If you are into buy sell business then i think this is the wrong choice bro.
    no la just want to min losses la

Reputation < 20
    Country
    India

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dear Friends
    Human wants are unsatisfied.Few year back we would imagine at least we should have a RTG then after sometime RTG get boring now Xback then later two Xback and one golden head.So what happen demand increase and supply decrease now price get increased later to increase the supply as a breeder hi-breed are introduced now supply increase and price goes down but the important is QUALITY reduce so we can't find a good quality arowana.Todays situation
    Now when customer ready to pay more for QUALITY GRADE arowana so once again cycle is back breeder start to concentrate on BEST GRADE arowana.At the end of the day price increase or decrease and quality increase or decrease its in the hand of customer (hobbies ) so when every customer think of quality not the quantity automatically the price increase and Arowana always be one of the best fish to have.

According to me instead of having a comm of low quality 4 to 5 arowana i like to have one best AAA grade arowana.

Sorry for lots of increase and decrease

Country
    Singapore

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tuna View Post
    You pay for what you get.
    The definition of xbacks now seemed to have changed, as compared to a few years back.

The new market classification of xbacks through what I have observed.
    High shine, No pearlies
    High shine, unevenly sized pearlies
    High shine, small even pearlies, but No gold rims on scales
    High shine, small neat pearlies, dark green horseshoe on scale
    High shine, small even pearlies, totally white with No gold coloration unless with light assistance
    And the list goes on......
    Yes very good observation! I am always thinking to myself, if I have the capital I will buy one each of those you have observe and grow them up. Make a grow up dairy record

Reputation < 20

Country
    Singapore

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
    For me the low price now is good for hobbyist like myself as prices for aros are much more affordable. However quality fishes still command a good value.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information